National Esports Association Collegiate Smash Series
Bring the Esports Experience
to your college or university
your collegiate esports program
To help colleges and universities jump-start their esports programs, the National Esports Association hosts esports tournaments across the United States and Canada.
Our events provide colleges and universities with a unique experience for students as well as an opportunity for hosting colleges and universities to gauge student interest in esports and gain valuable insight into how a successful esports program may be implemented.
The National Esports Association is offering turn-key events at colleges and universities across the United States and Canada.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Tournament
Students compete within a 1v1 tournament bracket in a 2.5D fighter game featuring popular characters across many video game franchises.
Minimum students required: 32
Time required: Approx. 3hrs per 32 players
If over 64 students are expected to compete, tournaments will need to be hosted across several days.
Super Smash Bros Ultimate frequently draws high volumes of students and is the National Esports Association’s recommended event for gauging student interest in collegiate esports.
All National Esports Association popup live events include the following:
Professional live production including music, graphics, live broadcasting
Access to National Esports Association staff to discuss development of an on-campus esports program
Access to National Esports Association industry partners
Event Specifics & Logistics
Minimum Required Students: 32
Event Time Required: 3hrs per 32 students + 2 hours setup time*
Registration: National Esports Association provides online pre-registration for student competitors
Event Fee: starting at $3750.00**
National Esports Association Provides:
• 3 Nintendo Switch consoles with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate installed
• Live production equipment including cameras, graphics, broadcasters, audio, etc.
• Trophies for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place students
• Staff to run tournaments
Hosting College/University Provides:
• Event space (gymnasium, ballroom) suitable for expected turnout
• Riser stage with theatre-style seating, appropriate lighting, and black skirting (see example setup diagrams in downloadable PDF)
• Sound system w/ speakers that the National Esports Association production team can patch into
• Large format display (see example setup diagrams in downloadable PDF) w/ projector (requires HDMI input)
• Tables w/ table cloths and chairs
• Hard wired ethernet internet access & wifi internet access
• TV or other large display (approx 32 inches) for competitors on stage
• 3 prong electrical outlets with extension cables and surge protectors
• Social media promotion of event at least 1 week in advance (Twitter, Facebook, university website, etc)
• Lodging for National Esports Association staffing for long-distance events (we will let you know if this is required)
*Events with more than 64 students competing require a multi-day event
**Event fee is subject to change based on size of events, lodging, etc. Fee will be negotiated and locked in prior to event